Due to the COVID-19 virus, many, many more people are beginning to work from home. Working from home has many benefits, though can also be difficult for those who have never done so before. People will need to change some habits in order to adapt to the work from home lifestyle.
I’ve worked from home, on and off, since 2007 and have learned a lot about myself, my work habits, and how to make the remote life work for me. Everyone who works remotely has to figure out what works for them, where to work, what hours to work, the office set up, equipment needed, when to take breaks, etc.
I’m thankful I work in the Local SEO space where it is widely accepted to work from home. Below are some remote working tips which have helped me stay productive while working from home for the past 13 years.
- Get a good chair
- Get a good desk (standing desk)
- Stretch often
- Set a routine
- Maintain the routine
- Take breaks throughout the day – every 2 hours or so
- Leave work alone when you’re done for the day
- Make sure your friends and family know you are working from home
- Use a dedicated room as your office
- Track your hours
- De-clutter your space
- Establish expectations for others
- Go for regular walks outside
- Take time for lunch
- Drink plenty of water
- Don’t be afraid to leave the house
- Over communicate with employees and clients
- Take sick days if you’re sick
If there is more you want me to expand on here, drop me a line and let me know.